Monday, October 15, 2012

Daily Devotionals


Happy Monday and welcome to a new week! I wanted to start this week off by sharing with you a realization I came to this weekend. Every morning after reading scripture from the Bible, I read my daily devotional. I get my devotional through the Joyce Meyer App I downloaded to my iPhone and I absolutely love it. Not only is there a devotional, but I can also watch her videos, listen to her radio show and get the dates of her upcoming conferences. If you’re interested in that sort of thing, I would suggest downloading it, it’s pretty great.
Anyway, back to my realization. These past few weeks my husband and I have been facing some challenges regarding his career; these challenges are by no means negative challenges but very positive ones and in reality we are blessed to have them, as ironic as that may sound. And maybe the word “challenge” is not the best terminology, but when it comes to making the best decision for your career and future family, it can be somewhat of a challenge.
For the last couple of months we have prayed daily for guidance and answers. It seems like it is taking forever and instead of getting answers and solutions that will eliminate our confusion, we’ve only gained more options which have led to more confusion. These last few days have just been too much for me. I told my husband, “I don’t even know what to say to God anymore”. We’ve handing our situation and worries over to Him, we pray about it every day, we’ve worked on having a more positive attitude and most importantly we’ve worked on gaining patience. I no longer knew what to do, and part of me really felt like giving up.

Saturday morning I proceeded with my morning routine by reading from my Bible and then moving on to my devotional. When I read the title of the devotional, I literally froze and thought back on my words I spoke to my husband the day before, “I don’t even know what to say to God anymore”. The title was “Waiting Expectantly”. The first sentence asked the question, “have you been praying for something and you feel as though your prayer is never going to be answered?”  I couldn’t believe it! Could it be that this devotional was written just for me? Of course not, but sometimes it feels that way. The rest of the devotional went on to read about how it can be easy to be passive and just give up (which was where I was at), but to realize that God is working and He is hearing your prayers. He’s not ignoring you, but has a plan and you need to wait expectantly for that plan to unfold. Wake up each and every day knowing that the answer is right around the corner and don’t give up. After reading this I thought back on my devotional from the day before and it had been titled “God’s Timing is Always Perfect”, and I came to the realization that these devotionals that I read every morning aren’t just written by anyone, they’re written by God. God has been speaking to me and teaching me through these devotionals.  How amazing is that?

Thankfully, I have not given up and I have continued to pray about our situation asking that God’s will be done in our lives and I know that day will come when we have the answers and peace about what we should do. And that is when it will be the perfect time. We have an awesome God!

1 comment:

  1. God is so good, and his timing is miraculous! Love this!

    ReplyDelete