Thursday, October 25, 2012

Warming Taco Soup



Matt in front of the famous Moulton Barn in Jackson, WY.
Beautiful Grand Tetons in the background.
 
Here in Wyoming, the fall weather has definitely settled in, and some days it feels like winter it trying to wiggle its way in long before we’re ready to welcome it. Last weekend my husband and I decided to take a trip up to Jackson Hole for a night.  It’s always quite a bit cooler in Jackson than it is at our house.  During this trip, it was cloudy, rainy and cold. We still had a great time but the weather definitely put us in the mood for some warming food.  I’ve only made this soup a couple of times and this time I decided to switch things up a little bit.  We love spicy food, so any way I could make this soup spicy, I did!
 
Taco Soup
 
Ingredients:

2 lbs. ground beef

1 large onion, chopped

1 can Ranch Style Beans with Jalapeños

1 can whole kernel corn, drained

1 can stewed tomatoes, Mexican Style

1 can Rotel (medium)

1 package taco seasoning (spicy)

1 package Original Hidden Valley Ranch mix (spicy)

2 ½ cups water or more, to make soup broth.

Directions:

 Brown ground beef and onions in a large pan, and drain off fat (I purchased the leanest beef I could). Add remaining ingredients and simmer for an hour. When ready, serve in big soup bowls and I made a pan of cornbread to serve on the side.

 

The perfect meal for a perfect fall day! Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. wow what a great photo of the grand tetons! and i love taco soup, gotta make it real soon

    ReplyDelete