Thursday, November 1, 2012

God's Gracious Works and Getting Back on Track


So, last week my husband got the news that his job needed him in North Dakota for the next three weeks, and he thought it would be best that I go back home to Oklahoma while he was away. Therefore, I’ve been a little out-of-pocket the last few days but found a moment to sit down and share with you all that’s happening. Also, I have something for the month of November that I’m pretty excited about sharing. Hopefully you’ll enjoy it as much as I know I will.
Monday morning, as my husband and I read our devotional and prayed together before our long day of travel, I expressed to him how worried and uneasy I was about being away from each other for three weeks. I am so blessed to have a husband who is very positive, encouraging and comforting. He said to me he knew God was working and would use both of us for good while we were away from each other, and in only a few weeks we would reunite and spend a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday together. He further explained how he knew God worked things out this way for a reason, and that when I arrived back home I would soon know what the reason(s) was. And boy was he ever right…

I arrived in Dallas on Monday night (I know that’s in Texas, but I’m going back to Oklahoma next week) to visit my sister for the week.  Kelly (the middle sister) and her husband live in Texas and they are expecting their first baby together in December. We are so excited! This will be the first grandbaby for my parents and it’s just such an exciting time in all of our lives. Before this trip came about I wasn’t sure how I would have the ability to help Kelly decorate her nursery or even make it to her baby shower and now here I am. So far Matt was right. I wasn’t happy about being away from him for three weeks, but God’s timing is always so perfect and miraculous. I’m so thankful that I’m here to help her finish up the nursery, go to her baby shower this weekend, and just spend quality time with her before little Jaxon arrives.




But wait there’s more! Yesterday Kelly found out they have an opportunity to purchase a house and can actually move in as soon as they can. They have been searching for a new home for a long time now, and I’ve continued to tell her that when they did find something I would do my best to be there to help her get moved in and organized. This was truly an answered pray for all. Again, this is the work of God. If they are able to move in, I’m here to lend a helping hand like I’ve promised all along I would. Yesterday I also found out, next Tuesday, my dad is finally having the surgery he’s so desperately needed to have and I’ll be there to help my parents during that time as well. Yet another prayer answered.  The Lord has taken care of everything! Oh, and on Tuesday my baby sister, Mykell, flew in from Las Vegas and she’s also here with us for the rest of the week. We’re getting in some serious sister time, and it’s much needed!  There is so much going on and so much I can devote my time to that these next three weeks are going to be over before I know it. Thank you Jesus for working in our lives and for always taking care of us! We love you!
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment