Thursday, December 20, 2012

2012 Christmas Ornament Swap Reveal

The day is finally here! Today I get to reveal to you the Christmas ornament I received during this year’s Christmas Ornament Swap hosted by Meg from Henning Love, Alisha from Alisha and Brandon and Ashley from Piloting Life. This is a great group of girls, and I’m so glad that I joined in on this experience! Not only did I receive a beautiful ornament for my tree, I also met a great blogger, and now friend, along the way. I already can’t wait to participate in next year’s Ornament Swap!

Now, without further ado, I proudly present to you my 2012 Christmas Ornament Swap Ornament!

As you can see, this ornament comes all the way from North Carolina, and was given to me by Brooke at Bits-of-Brooke! I absolutely love it! The cardinal perched in the tree goes along with the ornament. If you did not know, as I did not, the cardinal is North Carolina’s state bird. What a creative and thoughtful way to share a piece of your home! I'm thinking the cardinal will sit in my window after Christmas along with the blue bird my momma gave me a few years ago. What a perfect addition! 
Brooke could not have done a better job at choosing my ornament. This ornament is particularly special to me because since becoming a Nicholas Sparks fanatic, I have wanted to visit North Carolina. If you read Nicholas Sparks' novels you know what I’m talking about. For those of you who don’t, his entire novels take place somewhere in North Carolina. Since his books are mostly love stories, I’ve always thought of NC as a romantic place. Hopefully, someday I will get to visit, but for now I’m going to enjoy this special gift sent to me straight from there!
Brooke, thank you so much! You really did do a great job and I love it! Couldn’t be better. I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas and the most wonderful of New Years!!
Everyone, don’t forget to visit Brooke at Bits-of-Brooke! You’ll be glad you did-she’s a hoot!
Rachel

1 comment:

  1. Aww how fun!! Love when people send personalized things from their home town. Thanks so much for joining in all the fun, Rachel :)

    Hope you have a wonderful Christmas season this year!
    xoxo
    alisha

    ReplyDelete