Friday, December 21, 2012

Spreading More Holiday Cheer with Pumpkin Crisp

In addition to the Christmas Cowboy Cookies I baked for our Christmas party we had last weekend, I also made a pumpkin crisp. This is one of my favorites during the holiday!
 

Ingredients:
1 (15 oz) canned pumpkin
1 cup evaporated milk
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
½ tsp. cinnamon
¼ tsp. nutmeg
1 pkg. butter flavored yellow cake mix
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup butter, melted
 
Directions:
 
Stir together first 6 ingredients.
 
Pour into lightly greased 13x9 baking dish.
 
 Sprinkle cake mix evenly over pumpkin mixture, sprinkle evenly with pecans. Drizzle butter evenly over pecans. (I did not add pecans to our crisp).
 
 
Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until golden brown. Remove from oven, and let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Serve warm or at room temp. with whipped cream.

I wish you all a very Merry Christmas & the happiest of New Years.
Rachel

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment