Monday, February 11, 2013

MBM: Snow Daze

Happy Marital Bliss Monday, friends! I hope y’all had a wonderful weekend. Despite the unwelcome snow storm we got Friday and ALLLLLLL day Saturday, M and I had a great weekend together. I admit I did some grumbling when I heard we were expecting another 8 to 12 inches of snow-it has snowed here every week the past three weeks-but after watching the news Saturday morning and seeing the terrible snow storm that was taking place in the Northeast-folks without electricity, highways being closed, lives being lost- I figured I better stop my whining and be thankful that we were safe and warm. So we decided to embrace the snow and the cold, and enjoy a wonderfully white winter’s day.
Saturday we awoke to a blanket of white, and after hosting my organizing class we decided to take a little stroll into town. Us Okies aren't very confident when it comes to driving in the snow and ice; besides M got his truck stuck behind mine, so we weren't driving anywhere even if we wanted to.
 
 
Sunday we decided it would just be crazy to let all that snow go to waste. We first made an attempt to build a snowman, but the snow is like powered sugar, it doesn't stick. So we decided we just play in it!
 
 
We did get over a foot of snow, but he is sitting on his knees-he's not standing :)
 
 
 
And here is what our yard looked like after we were finished...
 
 
 
I thought this tree was pretty.
 
 
Nothing like hot chocolate after playing in the snow!
 
This weekend we also fulfilled one of our New Year’s resolutions. We are now sponsoring a child through World Vision, a little girl named Jeymy Lisbeth. She is from El Salvador and she is one year old. We are so excited about this little life being a part of ours. We think she’s pretty cute! I'm sure you'll be hearing more about this little one after we get to know her more.
Jeymy Lisbeth
So it's Valentine's Day week! M and I are cooking dinner together. We are having onion soup pork chops, grilled asparagus, potatoes and I'm making a peanut butter pie, yummy. We are extending our Valentine's Day by leaving for Denver on Friday and spending the weekend in the Mile High City. We're going to a concert, going to do some shopping and of course eat some great food. I cannot wait!
What are your plans? I'd love for you to share! I love when you leave comments. I want to get to know you better!
Have a wonderful week, friends!
XO
Rachel

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun way to spend a day in the snow! Next time you get stuck try a lower gear. In Ohio we get lot's of snow. 1st gear will usually get you going again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, new follower from the GFC blog hop. We have sooo much snow here so I know what it's like. Looking forward to checking out more of your blog! :0

    xo,
    Kristin
    aboutagirl.ca

    ReplyDelete