Thursday, November 1, 2012

22 Days of Giving Thanks: Day 1


Happy November! Gosh, I can’t believe it’s already November and Thanksgiving is right around the corner! I love this time of year-the fall weather, beautiful colors, football, chili, family time, and an opportunity to reflect on the year and marvel in all that has happened and give thanks for what has and is yet to come!
Every day I thank God for all he has blessed me with, but it’s rare that I specifically speak every blessing that has been bestowed to me. There is so much I have to be thankful for-it's purely amazing. Since it is November and we will all be celebrating Thanksgiving in a few weeks, I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to take a moment each day, for the next twenty-two days, and reflect on all that I am thankful for. I first thought this may be difficult as the days go by, but I as I began thinking about what I have to be thankful for, the blessings began pouring out and I had to start writing everything down. 

I think this is a great exercise for me because I’m getting the chance to really stop and reflect on how God has worked in my life, and ultimately changed it. That’s why, for Day 1, I am thankful for my faith: being saved and forgiven.  How wonderful it is to have the ability to share my faith openly with others. “Thank you Lord for dying for me and saving me. Thank you for coming to live in my heart, forgiving me and working through me each and every day. Thank you for changing my life.”

 
I would love for you to join me during this time. It would be a joy to hear what all you have to be thankful for. Please join me in “22 Days of Giving Thanks”.

No comments:

Post a Comment