Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Recap of My November


Oh my goodness, what I crazy month we’ve had! In a good way it was crazy, but man was it crazy busy! Matt and I got back to Wyoming around 2:30 Tuesday morning and now I feel like I’m vacation. I did absolutely nothing yesterday. Traveling is exhausting and a month of it will wear you out! I’m not complaining. It was a great trip. So much happened. I was home just in time for some important events; I got to see people I hadn’t seen in a very long time; and I got to do some things that really made the trip great! So here is a recap of my November…
It all started when my husband found out he had to go to North Dakota for work for three weeks. Well, I wasn’t staying in Wyoming by myself for three weeks and I really didn’t have the desire to go to North Dakota. So as my husband packed his bags in preparation of the blistery cold of North Dakota, I was packing for the warm days and cool nights of the South.

I arrived in Dallas on October 29th and spent a week with my sister (who is expecting a precious baby boy any day now). During this time I helped her around the house while she was at work, we took her stepdaughter trick-or-treating, and I was able to attend her first baby shower.

Us girls at the 1st baby shower
I made Kelly a New Mommy Survival Kit
(helpmegrowutah.blogspot.com)
 
After the shower I rode back with my parents to Tulsa. During this time daddy had a much need operation on his neck. My mom babysits, so while she was taking care of daddy for a couple of days, I was helping her with the kiddos. I spent some quality time with my grandma. She had a few doctors’ appointments while I was there and I offered to take her.  I found time to ride my horse, Sonny. That was much needed. My baby sister and I had the opportunity to go see a Red Dirt concert, The Josh Abbott Band. I hadn’t been to a concert in over a year. That’s one of my favorite things to do, so we definitely had to take advantage of that.

We also had another shower for Kelly with our Oklahoma/Arkansas family. This was so much fun! Daddy and I got crafty and together made this…
These were my daddy's chaps when he was a little boy. We hung them in the baby's room.
As party favors, I made sandalwood bath salts that I found on homemade-gifts-made-easy.com via Pinterest.

The shower was jungle theme, so me, mom and baby sis had a lot fun at Hobby Lobby gathering items for the shower. We served hot ham sandwiches, (thanks to my sis-in-law for the wonderful recipe!) along with veggies and punch. No shower is complete without cupcakes, jungle themed of course.

Kelly got so many wonderful things and she is all set for baby to arrive!
A couple of things from Aunt Rach and Uncle Matt. First pair of cowboy boots and OU gear.
The Happy Couple
After the shower I went back to Texas with sis and brother-in-law. My husband would be meeting us at their house and I could not wait to see him! Three weeks is just too long to be away from my love! Kelly and her husband had just moved into a new house a few days before the shower and weren’t exactly settled in, so Matt and I spent a couple of days putting their house together while they were at work. I think they were pretty happy about that, especially Kelly being nine months pregnant and all.

Before & After
Jaxon's Room
Then it was on to San Antonio for Thanksgiving with my husband’s family. What a great holiday it was. We had wonderful food, and spent time with great people. I think it was the warmest Thanksgiving I’ve experienced. Eighty degrees is pretty warm for Thanksgiving.



Thanksgiving Day 2012

Me, Em and Owen 
The day after Thanksgiving my brother-in-law took Matt and I to The Alamo. You can’t go to San Antonio with visiting The Alamo. This was my first time ever in San Antonio so The Alamo was a must! After the Alamo went to a little town north of SA called Gruene. Coolest little place I’ve ever seen.

The Alamo
The Riverwalk, San Antonio
Gruene Hall, Gruene, TX
That weekend, we watched the bedlam game, OU vs. OSU. I didn’t attend either school, but Matt attended OSU so naturally I support his team. It was certainly a house divided, but that made it all the more fun! That night we got see yet another Red Dirt concert, Reckless Kelly. That was a great time!
Go Cowboys!

The next day we headed back to my sister’s place for one more night with them before we were off to the airport and headed to Denver. We arrived in Denver around 7:00 PM and drove back to Lander, WY for Matt to be back at work on Tuesday morning. It was quite the trip, but so much fun was had!

Now it’s time for Christmas-my absolute favorite time of the year! Today has been nothing but decorating and listening to Christmas music.
I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and I’m looking forward to sharing the Christmas season with you as well.

xo

Rachel

 

No comments:

Post a Comment